We routinely defend individuals who are facing traffic citations, and work to reduce or eliminate any points being applied to your driving records. The accumulation of points is detrimental to your record and potentially harmful to your job. Additionally, drivers with a CDL are more negatively affected by traffic violations.
CALL US TODAY FOR HELP AT 610-640-4800
The system in Pennsylvania applies to points to certain traffic offenses. The accumulation of 6 or more points results in a mandatory driving examination, that must take place within 30 days.
Below is a list of moving violations that result in points on your driving record:
- Violation of a driver’s license restriction – 2 points
- Speeding 6 to 10 miles over the speed limit – 2 points
- Reckless driving – 3 points
- Exceeding school zone or special speed limits – 3 points
- Failure to yield to pedestrians – 3 points
- Improper passing, except on a hill – 3 points
- Running a red light or flashing red light – 3 points
- Speeding 11 to 15 miles over the speed limit – 3 points
- Leaving the scene of a crash with property damage – 4 points
- Speeding 16 to 25 miles over the speed limit – 4 points
- Speeding 26 miles or more over the speed limit – 5 points
- Passing a stopped school bus – 5 points
It is important that you plead NOT GUILTY to your citation when you receive it. This will allow you to dispute the charges at a hearing in District Court.
It is important that you hire an experienced an attorney to guide through this process, to ensure that you are protected as much as possible.